I am here If Guidance or Help needed regarding CSS or PMS.

Members can add learning material related to PMS,ENGLISH LEARNING, COMPUTERS STUDY .....and many many more..
waqas37
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member
Nationality: Pakistani

Re: I am here If Guidance or Help needed regarding CSS or PMS.

Post by waqas37 »

Posts of ASJ's were announced by ppsc....when the test will be held?
Tasawar Bosal
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Post by Tasawar Bosal »

waqas37 wrote:Posts of ASJ's were announced by ppsc....when the test will be held?
Plz in this thread post queries regarding the guidance for PMS, CSS and other tests. The schedule and the tests' dates and results do not fall in this thread.
Assistant Director Anti-Corruption Sargodha
www.tassawurbosal.blogspot.com
chkhudadad
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by chkhudadad »

Hello brother...I found that thread very informative and helping for the fresh aspirants,
My query is the same, Want to know about the best combination for optional s, I have done BBA(HONS) recently, prior to that did fsc-pre engineering....
subjects that i have selected so far for me are, American history( my personel interest), Indo pak history (My personel Interest) , Business administration(but m not good at accounting), Sociology( People say its easy to prepare), Psychology( People say its scoring and easy to prepare) , International Relations( Due to CA analogy),
Now i want your feedback regarding these subjects. Most of the subjects i have mentioned above are totally new for me.
If you can suggest any other subject that you feel would be better for me would be appreciated alot.
Next is, I want to know from whereto start for the Essay writing? which thing i need to do very first for it.....??
I have recently been selected as SI punjab police, would be off to training after ramadan, now if you have any idea that can i continue my css preparations there at police acadamy Sihala? Would i get enough spare time there?
Your feed back and suggestions would be appreciated alot.
Thanks in advance.
bilalcool
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by bilalcool »

Dear,

i am new comer in competition exam. i have attempt 3 exam and too much worried about how we can pass it? can u tell/guide me how we can pass this exam like. supernatant jail and tmo etc and i have background BCS(hons).
Nabeel123
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by Nabeel123 »

thanks for your precious suggestion bro.but i just wanted to attend the academy for guide line and basic help .... so in case if i have to attend the academy which will you recommend. and suggest me some books regarding compulsory subjects so that i could start my preparation at home.and thanks again for your reply.
Tasawar Bosal
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Post by Tasawar Bosal »

chkhudadad wrote:Hello brother...I found that thread very informative and helping for the fresh aspirants,
My query is the same, Want to know about the best combination for optional s, I have done BBA(HONS) recently, prior to that did fsc-pre engineering....
subjects that i have selected so far for me are, American history( my personel interest), Indo pak history (My personel Interest) , Business administration(but m not good at accounting), Sociology( People say its easy to prepare), Psychology( People say its scoring and easy to prepare) , International Relations( Due to CA analogy),
Now i want your feedback regarding these subjects. Most of the subjects i have mentioned above are totally new for me.
If you can suggest any other subject that you feel would be better for me would be appreciated alot.
Next is, I want to know from whereto start for the Essay writing? which thing i need to do very first for it.....??
I have recently been selected as SI punjab police, would be off to training after ramadan, now if you have any idea that can i continue my css preparations there at police acadamy Sihala? Would i get enough spare time there?
Your feed back and suggestions would be appreciated alot.
Thanks in advance.
Brother you seem to be in great hurry so you have asked a lot in a single post.
Well lets come to the point. You have mentioned the following subjects.
Indo Pak History 100
US History 100
Business Admin 100
Sociology 100
Psychology 100
IR 200
First of all , Indo PaK History and US History cannot be opted together. You will have to go with either of the two. If I had to choose , I would have preferred US History owing to my interest.

Secondly, Sociology and Psychology can also not be opted together as they are from the same group from which you can choose a subject worth 100 marks. Out of these , psychology is better.

The rest of the combination is good. Now you are done with 500 marks . For the 6th Hundred , I would have think about I. Law or Gender Studies.
Often few of the subjects are usually new for almost all the aspirants . Therefore , it makes no difficulty if one has some sort of aptitude or interest for the opted subjects.

As well the preparation for Essay is concerned , the first step is to improve your language and communication skills. The better you have command on English Language, the more you have sound expression , the better you would be placed for fetching success in Essay. Secondly , you need to have a filled brain with knowledge and relevant material. For getting this end met , at initial level , one has to rely on newspaper and too particularly Dawn newspaper , the Bible of CSS. It would help you improve your language skills and would also equip you with sufficient material on certain important topics for Essay , CA, PA, Islamiat and for certain Optional subjects also like US History , I.R etc. So , make Dawn newspaper , you immediate friend.

As well as starting the preparation at Sehala is concerned, make maximum use of the time which you could spare there for studies.
Tasawar Bosal
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Post by Tasawar Bosal »

bilalcool wrote:Dear,

i am new comer in competition exam. i have attempt 3 exam and too much worried about how we can pass it? can u tell/guide me how we can pass this exam like. supernatant jail and tmo etc and i have background BCS(hons).
For passing the hundred marks test the recipe is preparing the book of MCQs by Carvan Publishers by Ahmad Najeeb and going through the Past papers of PPSC . The book for these solved papers by Imtiaz Shahid published by Advanced Publishers proves highly instrumental in this regard. Thirdly , the notes posted on this forum by Jazi may also go a long way in making preparation more strong.
Tasawar Bosal
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Post by Tasawar Bosal »

Nabeel123 wrote:thanks for your precious suggestion bro.but i just wanted to attend the academy for guide line and basic help .... so in case if i have to attend the academy which will you recommend. and suggest me some books regarding compulsory subjects so that i could start my preparation at home.and thanks again for your reply.

I again wont suggest you to join any academy. They just provide the basic guideline, which one can obtain from any senior who has been through the process of CSS and PMS.
As well as the books for compulsory subjects are concerned,
Pak Affairs. Trek to Pakistan by Ahmad Saeed.
Islamyat. Islami Nazria Hayat by prof Khursheed and Dogars book by Laqa ul Mohsin.
Current Affairs. Dawn Newspaper. Jahangirs world times magazine.
E. D. S. The book by Fridi Publishers the Encyclopedia of Science by Dr. Sammoo used to be a good read . But keeping in view the changed syllabus , it needs to be wiated for a book covering the syllabus in the light of changes incurred by FPSC.
Essay. Dawn. Jahangirs World Times and Exploring the World of English.
Composition and Precise. Exploring the world of English as basic book while To the Point by Prof. Aftab as additional one.
These are sort of basic books which every aspirant has to take .
As well as study strategy is concerned. There is only one rule and that is consistency. Be consistent dedicated and passionate about CSS, though not to be obsessed. Start one compulsory and one elective subject at one time and prepare them. English remains the most important subject. For it practice English writing on daily basis is direly needed for a new aspirant. .Dear , not talking , but walking reduces the distance between the person and the success.success. That's why CSS isn't about talking , rather it's about doing. And i believe , passion and dedication coupled with hard work in proper direction can achieve anything.
chkhudadad
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by chkhudadad »

Brother you seem to be in great hurry so you have asked a lot in a single post.
Well lets come to the point. You have mentioned the following subjects.
Indo Pak History 100
US History 100
Business Admin 100
Sociology 100
Psychology 100
IR 200
First of all , Indo PaK History and US History cannot be opted together. You will have to go with either of the two. If I had to choose , I would have preferred US History owing to my interest.

Secondly, Sociology and Psychology can also not be opted together as they are from the same group from which you can choose a subject worth 100 marks. Out of these , psychology is better.

The rest of the combination is good. Now you are done with 500 marks . For the 6th Hundred , I would have think about I. Law or Gender Studies.
Often few of the subjects are usually new for almost all the aspirants . Therefore , it makes no difficulty if one has some sort of aptitude or interest for the opted subjects.

As well the preparation for Essay is concerned , the first step is to improve your language and communication skills. The better you have command on English Language, the more you have sound expression , the better you would be placed for fetching success in Essay. Secondly , you need to have a filled brain with knowledge and relevant material. For getting this end met , at initial level , one has to rely on newspaper and too particularly Dawn newspaper , the Bible of CSS. It would help you improve your language skills and would also equip you with sufficient material on certain important topics for Essay , CA, PA, Islamiat and for certain Optional subjects also like US History , I.R etc. So , make Dawn newspaper , you immediate friend.

As well as starting the preparation at Sehala is concerned, make maximum use of the time which you could spare there for studies.
[/quote]

Thank you very much brother for such a elaborate answer,
well after your reply i went through the scheme of sylabi once again, as per your suggestions i reviewed the sylabus of all my optionals.
Now IR seems to be little tough and lengthy but interesting, now what you personally think about IR? and also keep in mind the scoring trend, would you recommend me IR ?
Also how would you compare Gender studies with Agriculture & Forestry...???? Also let me know in terms of scoring trend,
Rest m now sure with
History of USA
Psychology and
Business Administration

And one more thing, how to read the bible of CSS? I mean tell me a method a way to actullay get benefit from it.
Also kindly recommend me few important topics for essay who can give me a good start to essay writing.
Thanks again.
RanaShahzad764
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by RanaShahzad764 »

optional me public admim.social work,punjabi rkho

Return to “LEARNING MATERIALS”