My Interview Experience of Assistant Director Civil Defense.

Members are request kindly share your experience of interview
Tasawar Bosal
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
Nationality: Pakistani

Post by Tasawar Bosal »

Date : June 18, 2015 .
Place : Punjab Public Service Commission
Result: Selected

The interviews against two seats of Assistant Director/ District Officer Civil Defense BS (17) were scheduled to be held on June 18 and 19, 2015. Earlier after the written exam 17 candidates had managed to find their names in the list of List of Qualified ones for the Interview I had my interview on 18th of the June. It was only after 3 days, I had appeared in PPSC for the Interview of PMS on June 15. As that interview had remained good (got 146 marks), my morale was high and was ready for the interview. Our documents were scrutinized and we were made to wait for the commencement of the interviews. The interviews started after 10 O' Clock and I was 8th to appear for the interview. The panel was giving round 15 minutes to every candidate.

On my turn, I entered the room and greeted the reverend Panel. The respected PPSC member who was presiding over the interview panel broke the ice by asking me to introduce myself. I responded by telling them the that.

"Sir, I am Tassawur Abbas and I hail from District Mandi Bahauddin’s village Bosal. Basically I belong to an agricultural family. I obtained my early education from the School of my village where I stood first in whole of my district in middle standard examination and took A Plus grades in my matriculation. The chairman said that’s good. And then he said keep going gentleman. And I continued by saying, After having done my matriculation I moved to Sargodha and did my Fsc., graduation and finally my Masters in English Literature. At my college and university, I actively participated in Sports and extracurricular activities and I was an active member of Hostel Literary Society and the University Dramatic Club and winner of Table Tennis tournament. Once I was done with my formal education I shifted my focus towards making my career and for that purpose I participated in competitive examinations. In 2011, I qualified CSS Examination but unfortunately I remained unable to be allocated with a narrow margin. In the next year I cleared PMS 2011-12 but here also the luck did not favor me and I couldn’t get allocated. Now I have once again qualified the PMS written examination 2014 and I am just done with the process of the interview. Just recently I have been selected as an Assistant in Ministry of Foreign affairs where I expected to join during the approaching wee. Sir, I have an interest in writing and for quenching my thirst for writing I have often been writing in various English Newspapers and Magazines. And the last of my writing appeared in English Daily The News during this week.

Till now the chairman had given a patient hearing to my introduction. Here he interrupted and asked m what was your recent writing all about.

Me: Sir it was about the general elections held in Great Britain during the last week.

I could see a visible interest in the eyes of the Chairman. He said, so what did you write Gentleman.
Me: Sir I gave an analysis of the results of Great Britain’s general elevations and the causes of Conservative’s victory and its impacts. Moreover, I had made a comparison of the results of the elections in Pakistan, India and England and highlighted the similarities and dissimilarities.

Chairman: So, what were the reasons of Cameron’s victory?
Sir though it was expected to be a tightly contested election, yet the conservatives were most expected to win. But their landslide win has shocked all pollsters. First of all the austerity measures and cut in spending by Cameron’s party has caught the attention of the voters. Secondly, the economy also showed some improvement. Thirdly and most importantly the way Cameron has remained successful in averting the departure of Scotland from the United Kingdom by having results in favor of remaining in the federation in the Scottish Referendum elevated the stature of Cameron both at home and abroad. And fourthly, as the nationalism has been at the heart of these elections, the slogan of reconsidering the ties with European Union and a promise of referendum to decide to remain with E. U or to quit it also helped Cameron clinch such a decisive victory.

Chairman. Why England wants to quit E. U.
Me: Sir first of all the UK believes that she is contributing more towards E. U and in return is getting meager returns. Secondly, there is huge influx of migrants from Europe and is burdening the British economy. Thirdly, UK has always enjoyed significant freedom in the world and in E. U they feel somewhat tight armed. And fourthly, in the presence of stronger Germany and France, the United Kingdom feels uncomfortable.

Chairman : What do you see the results of the referendum ? Will Uk quit the E. U?
Me: Sir in my opinion there would be no referendum.

Chairman: Why ?
Sir, I believe the U. K is going to use this referendum as pressure tactics and is interested in renegotiating the terms with E. U. And this already has started working and both Germany and France , the bigger partners, have offered the England for better terms.
During all this conversation the chairman had a keen interest in the discussion. At this he asked the next member to ask the question.

Member 2: Gentleman you seem to have a good grip on European politics, now lets come to Pakistan. What do you believe is the future of democracy in Pakistan?
Me: Sir in my opinion the future of democracy in Pakistan is bright.

M2 : How , Plz elaborate.
Me: Sir there are certain factors. First of all the civil society and the media have made people aware of the importance of Democracy and people are not going to welcome any adventure. Secondly, the previous regime has remained successful in bringing certain political reforms and the constitution has been purged of the dictatorial pollution. The army is working in her ambit and does not seem interested in any coup. There has been a peaceful transition of political power from on elected government to the other. The electoral process and the election machinery have undergone certain reforms though a lot is yet to be done. In the wake of long march if more electoral reforms are incorporated, the democracy would find better chance for nourishment.

As my speech ended :P the third member who was a female asked me in Urdu.
M3: Aap nay electoral reform ki baat ki hay Kya aap btaa sktay hain k Dhandli aur Munazzam Dhandli main kya faraq hay ?
Me: Ma’m Dhandli yeh hay k system main jo flaws hain , koi individual un ka faida utha k election results par galat asar andaz hota hay aur Munazzam Dhandli yeh hay system main jo flaws hain koi groh majmoohi taur par un ka faida uthaata hay baqaaida mansooba bandi k teht aur system maujood log is main os /groh ki madad karatay hain.
On this Ma’m said very good.

Then the fourth member said Gentleman you have you have interest in a creative work like writing and you have come for a rough and dry job. How would they go together?
Me : Sir I would have enough time after my job to continue my creative activity and besides that this activity would help me recreate and regenerate myself after having exhausted from the job routine. At this he smiled and asked the next question that would there be new provinces?
Me: Yes sir there should be new provinces. The new federating units on administrative and not ethnic or linguistic basis would further strengthen the federation and would help improve governance. At this the member said thank you gentleman. And the Chairman of the Panel also bade me farewell and I got up by thanking the reverend panel.

And the result was that I was selected as Assistant Director Civil Defense :)
Last edited by Tasawar Bosal on Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Assistant Director Anti-Corruption Sargodha
www.tassawurbosal.blogspot.com
sardar89
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Re: My Interview Experience of Assistant Director Civil Defense.

Post by sardar89 »

well done .Tassawar Bhai I am weak in English writing especially gramer .I take participate css 2013 and pms but in both of these exam I failed in English precis paper .How can i ipmrove english writing.pls give me suggestion and professor name in Lahore.I also participated numerous exam of ppsc like adlr, excise and taxation inspector ,food controller,Labour officer and Labour inspector but couldn't succeed any one of them .plz share your experience
sardar89
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by sardar89 »

well done .Tassawar Bhai I am weak in English writing especially gramer .I take participate css 2013 and pms but in both of these exam I failed in English precis paper .How can i ipmrove english writing.pls give me suggestion and professor name in Lahore.I also participated numerous exam of ppsc like adlr, excise and taxation inspector ,food controller,Labour officer and Labour inspector but couldn't succeed any one of them .plz share your experience
rizwanchaudhry
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by rizwanchaudhry »

Most impressive interview Really you deserve for this post .. many many cogratulation..and perform your duty with honesty.ALLAH bless you
atifrazabwn
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by atifrazabwn »

well dear
May you achieve your all goals .
Tasawar Bosal
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Post by Tasawar Bosal »

Thanks Dear Sardar , Rizwan and Atif.

Dear sardar 89, as well as improving one's English language expression is concerned, nothing else, but the practice brings the perfection. Now the question arises how to practice and from where to practice. For this, one first needs to read good English and then one is required to follow and imitate that expression , vocabulary and structure in one's writing practice. For having a standard and impressive English Language expression to follow, one has a good source material and specimen at one's hands in the form of Dawn Newspaper. Not only Dawn is an unbiased and non-aligned newspaper, but it also does not compromise on language and provides a standard and impressive English Language . That's why , in my opinion you should make friends with Dawn Newspaper .

Secondly, for having an effective preparation for GK 100 marks tests, The Carvan Publishers' book by Ahmad Najeeb proves highly instrumental in making preparation potent enough to perform better. In addition to this, now-a-days, Imtiaz shahid's book of solved PPSC tests has assumed the status of a compulsory read. That book helps at two levels.
Firstly, a good number of questions get repeated and one finds oneself in a highly comfortable position in the paper.
Secondly, those papers provide you an idea as what trends are going on in the tests and what things are to be focused and prepared on priority.
Like in one of the tests they asked where King Akbar is buried.
Now firstly this question may get repeated.
Secondly, it gives an idea that in the upcoming test they may ask about some other Mughal or Muslim King's place of burial. Then, one finds from books or searches from internet as where remaining famous Mughal Emperors and Slateen e Delhi are buried. This is just an example to explain the idea. In this way, by following past papers not only one brightens the chances of finding those questions getting repeated in the paper , but more importantly one starts anticipating the expected questions and the trends binge followed.
That is how, in my opinion, one may brighten one's prospects of performing impressive in such tests.
naimensari
One Star Member
One Star Member

Post by naimensari »

Dear Tasawar, First of all please accept my heartiest congratulations on your fabulous achievement. Secondly, kindly reveal here your period after which you got this achievement. Once again, Congratulations.
"Don't underestimate the power of Dua"
SalmanBukhari
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by SalmanBukhari »

u all aspirants must consider it that Tasawar is a first division holder in overall academic career.he has done m.a English from university of Sargodha.
previously he has been doing a job as an assistant (Bs-14) in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at Islamabad.
he also passed many written tests of PPSC including PMS and CSS.
Tasawar Bosal
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Post by Tasawar Bosal »

@ Naim Ensari
Brother I did my masters in 2009. Since then,
Umar Guzri Hay Isi Dasht Ki Sayyaahii Mein :)
naimensari
One Star Member
One Star Member

Post by naimensari »

Oh God, it means during that period you have been unemployed since your completion of masters and your first job was assistant and second is assistant director, right!
I think this job is very precious thing for you as compared to those who gets it easily.
Again, I want to salute you for your patience and really have no words to explain my feeling because I also have my first job after a long lasting wait of 6 years.
"Don't underestimate the power of Dua"

Return to “HOW I GAVE MY INTERVIEW”