Let's Prepare for Journalism lectureship

lailajafri
One Star Member
One Star Member
Nationality: Pakistani

Let's Prepare for Journalism lectureship

Post by lailajafri »

Do share the objectives and short question about Journalism or mass communication here. I hope that this thread will help everyone preparing for Journalism. Regards
lailajafri
One Star Member
One Star Member

Re: Let's Prepare for Journalism lectureship

Post by lailajafri »

(1) A large size head1ine across the entire page is called:(a) Deck(b) Banner(c) LeadB(2) A sheet containing facts and detailed information on any issue is known as:(a) Summary(b) Write up(c) BackgrounderC(3) The key Narrator of a newscast or program is called:(a) Announcer(b) Editor(c) AnchorC(4) Mohammedan Social Reformer was the English Name of:(a) Muhazzab(b) Makhzari(c) Tahzeeb ul AkhlaqC(5) Daily Dawn Started in:(a) 1940(b) 1942(c) 1944B(6) Zamindar was launched by:-(a) Maulana Zafar Ali Khan(b) Maulvi Serajuddin(c) Munshi Mahboob Alam.B(7) The first Editor of Dawn was:(a) Desmond Young(b) Altaf Hussain(c)Pothan JosephC(8) The number of radio stations, which Pakistan got in 1947 were:(a) 5(b) 2(c) 3 (1- Lahore 2- Peshawar 3- Dahaka)C(9). Daily Jung first appeared from:(a) Calcutta(b) Karachi(c) DelhiC(10) Hamid Nizami was the founder editor of:(a) Inqilab(b) Nawa-e-waqt(c) MashriqB(11) CPNE is the representative body of:(a) Editors(b) Newspaper owners(c)Woking journalistsA(12) Television made its advent in Pakistan in:(a) 1958(b) 1964(c) 1970B(13) Leader is the name of:(a) Leading story on the front page.(b) Main Feature(c) Opening EditorialC(14) Continuation of a story on another page is called:(a) Carried(b) Jump(c) BouncerB(15) S.M.C.R. is a well known:(a) Communication Theory(b) Communication Strategy(c) Communication ModelC(16) A story appearing with the name of the writer is called:(a) Credit line(b) By line(c) Print lineB(17) The largest mass medium in Pakistan is:(a) The Press(b) Radio(c) TelevisionC(18) Dr. Goebbles is known as father of:(a) Advertising(b) Public Relation(c) PropagandaC(19) Radio Pakistan was converted to Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation in:(a) 1964(b) 1972(c) 1976B(20) A.P.P. is the abbreviation of:(a) Allied papers of Pakistan(b) Association of Publications(c) Associated Press of Pakistan.C
desireheaven
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by desireheaven »

GENERALISM PAPER 1(1) The key Narrator of a newscast or program is called: Anchor.-(2) Mohammedan Social Reformer was the English Name of: Tahzeeb ul Akhlaq (3) Daily Dawn Started in: 1942 (4) Zamindar was launched by:- Maulana Zafar Ali Khan (5) The first Editor of Dawn was: Pothan Joseph6 The number of radio stations, which Pakistan got in 1947 were: 2 (7). Daily Jung first appeared from: Delhi(8) Hamid Nizami was the founder editor of: Nawa-e-waqt (9) CPNE is the representative body of: Editors (10) Television made its advent in Pakistan in: 1964 (11) Continuation of a story on another page is called: Jump (12) The largest mass medium in Pakistan is: Radio (13) Dr. Goebbles is known as father of: Propaganda(14) Radio Pakistan was converted to Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation in:1972 (15) A.P.P. is the abbreviation of: Associated Press of Pakistan.16- What is scoop? exclusive story17 "Stringer" is called: part-time correspondent paid a column rate18. Newspaper's masterhead is called : flag 19. 'Folio' is the name of: page number20 who was the first editor of the daily 'Jhang'? Mir Khalil ur Rahman21. Acknowledgment of the source of a picture or a story is called:courtesy 22. Continuation of a story on another page is called: jump23. PEMRA ordinance was implemented in: 200224. The term 'Global Village' was coined by: Marshal McLuhan25. Press note can (be) issued (by): government official26. Registration of Press and Publication Ordinance was introduced in: 196327- The founder of daily 'Pakistan Times' was: faiz ahmed faiz 28. the term 'Deck' is used for: part of a headline29. the term 'Yellow journalism' was started from:U.S.A.30. the inventor of the printing press was: johannes Gutenberg31. Pakistan's first official news agency was: APP32 Nasim Hijazi was Editor of the daily:kohistan33 C.P.N.E. stands for:COUNCIL OF PAKISTAN NEWSPAPERS EDITORS)34) What is meant by editorial note: Editor’s notes35) The news which appears in the papers two or three days before an important event is called: Curtain Raiser36) Who is the most important person in the T.V. NEWS:None of these37) Hasrat Mohani published the newspaper: Urdu-I-Muallah38) The Nawa-e-Waqt started its publication in:194039) Irshad Ahmed Haqani writes his column under in: Harf-e-Tamannah40) Who was the first editor of the daily Jang? Mir Khalil-ur-Rehman41) Which of the private Pakistani T.V. Channel has the greatest number of viewers? GEO42) Which official is called the pilot of the newspaper: The editor43) Communication is a Process44) The head office of “The Khabrain” is in:Lahore45) APNS represents46) P.T.V. started its transmission in the regime of: Ayub Khan47) Which is the largest circulated newspaper of Pakistan? The Jang48) The TNation is the sister publication of:The Nawa-e-Waqt49) AFP is the news agency ofFrance50) Who was the founder of the Dawn?Quaid-e-Azam51) Wax-Wyllie wrote Radio and T.V. Writing52) Who was the founder of yellow journalism:William Hurst53) The Urdu edition of the Comrade was called:Humdard.(54) A large size headline across the entire page is called: Banner (55) A sheet containing facts and detailed information on any issue is known as: Backgrounder (56) Muhammadan Social Reformer was the English name of:Tahzeeb-ul-Akhlaq (57) Daily DAWN was started in : 1942 (58) The number of radio stations which Pakistan got in 1947 was: 3 (59) CPNE is the representative body of : Editors (60) S.M.R.C. is a well-known: Communication Model (61) A story appearing with the name of the writer is called: By Line (62) Dr Goebbles is know as the father of:Propaganda (63) Radio Pakistan was converted into Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation in: 1972 (64) P.P.O. was amended in:1963 (65) The cultivation theory was put forward byGeorge Gerbner (66) The author of the famous book "COVERING ISLAM" is:Edward Said(67) The concept of Development Support Communication was presented by:Joseph Ascroft (68) The head quarter of CNN is situated in:Atlanta (69) A full service advertising agency has:Four departments (70) The public relations department of the Federal Government is known as:PID (71) The Orient Press of India was a news agency belonging to the:Hindus (72) The way in which the message travels to the receiver is called:Channel (73) Intrapersonal communication involves:An individual thinking or talking to himself(74) Any message given by other than the literal interpretation of words is called:Non Verbal Communication (75) A person (or group) who has control over what information is disseminated to the audience, is known as: Regulator (76) The concept of “Global Village” was first introduced by :Marshal McLUHAN 77) Broadcast media may be classified by:Type of signal output (78) To be considered a daily, a newspaper has to appear at least: Seven times a week (79) The news of important public events appearing in the front sections of a newspaper, are called: Hard news (80) The famous communication Model SMCRE was devised by:Schramm (81) Radio is a:Hot medium(82) The author of well known communication book “Process and Effects of Mass Communication” is:Wilbur Schramm (83) The founding fathers of the mathematical or electronic theory of communication are: Shannon and Weaver (84) ABC is the abbreviation of:Audit Bureau of Circulation(85) APP is the news agency of:Pakistan (86) The largest English newspaper of Pakistan is: Dawn(87) The founder of Jang-Group of Newspapers is:Mir Khalil ur Rehman(88) The editor of daily Nawa-e-Waqt is:Majeed Nizami (89) The daily Dawn was founded by:Quaid-e-Azam (90) Kuldip Nayer is a well known Indian:Journalist 91- What is ABC?Audit bureau of Circulation 92- What is Dummy?A dead body of an animal93- Press and Publication Ordinance was introduced on:196394- What is embargo?A ban on publication before a specific date95- Television programmes were started in Pakistan on: 1964 96- Who was the first editor of daily Nawa-e-Waqt? Hamid Nizami 97- Radio is what type of channel? Time consuming 98- What is yellow journalism? Exploitative sensational 99- What is typography? a choice of type to ensure image clariy 100- What is editorial?A point of view of the news paper 101- What is lithography? A method of printing 102- What is by line? Reporter's name given with printed story 103- Agenda setting is the main objective: is the subject of mass communication 104- PID? Press information department105- Press and Publication ordinance?was implemented in 1963 during the Field Marshal Muhammad Ayub Khan's Government 106- Pakistan's per capita income?$ 800 107- What is considered as father of popular Journalism:E.M. Rogers 108- News is the description of the event by a book writer: False109) Calcutta General advertiser is popularly known as: Bengal jopurnal110) The first printed Urdu paper in the Sub-continent was:Jam-e-jahan Numa 111) The Pakistan Times was founded by:quaid-e-Azam Mohd Ali Jannah 112) The term Artillery of the press was coined by : Qilbur Schramm113) the modern version of old hero is . Celebrity114) libel is : Malicious defamatory written accusation115--intra Personal Communication is Inner monologues-communications within self116) the originator of the phrase “press is the fourth estate” is: Edmund Burke117---Identify the following in Pakistan`s Media perspective.APNS (ALL PAKITAN NEWSPAPERS SOCIETY)APNEC (ALL PAKISTAN NEWSPAPERS EMPLOYERS CONFEDERATION)CPNE (COUNCIL OF PAKISTAN NEWSPAPERS EDITORS)PBC (PAKISTAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)ABC (AUDIT BIREAU OF CIRCULATION)PID (PRESS INFORMATION DEPARTMENT)PFUJ (PAKISTAN FEDERAL UNION OF JOURNALISTSAPP (ASSOCIATED PRES OF PAKISTAN)PEMRA (PAKISTAN ELECTRONIC AND MEDIA REGULATORY AUTHORITY)RPPO (REGISTRATION OF PRINTING AND PRESS ORDINANCE)118. What is “Lithography”? A method of Printing119. What is “Dummy”? Make-up of newspaper120. What is by line?Reporter’s name printed with story121. Intra-Personal Communication is:With self122--What is ABC?Audit Bureau of Circulation123. Who was the first Editor of daily “Nwa-e-Waqt?”Hameed Nizami124-When Television Transmission was started in Pakistan?1964125. The Subject allotted to a newspaper reporter is called:Feature126. A journalist who is not attached with any newspaper is called: Free Lancer127--Identification Mark written on the top of news story page is called:Credit Line128. Dr. Gobbles is known as father of: Propaganda129. The communication based on purchased time or space is called:Advertising130. UPI is the abbreviation of:United Press International131. The news that appears two or three days before an event is called: Curtain raiser132. Press and Publication Ordinance was introduced in: 1963133. Communication without words: Non-Verbal communication134. Tabloid newspaper is of small size with: 3 columns135. The reading of the script to check the errors is called: Proof-reading136- A brief introduction of a photograph is called: Caption137. OB stands for:Official Beat
"O Allah! If I worship You for fear of Hell, burn me in Hell,
and if I worship You in hope of Paradise, exclude me from Paradise.
But if I worship You for Your Own sake,
grudge me not Your everlasting Beauty.''
lailajafri
One Star Member
One Star Member

Post by lailajafri »

Thanks a lot desireheaven for this contribution, it will be really helpful.
desireheaven
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by desireheaven »

You are welcome dear i will post more within a day.
devotiion
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by devotiion »

Journalism MCQs(1) A large size head1ine across the entire page is called:(a) Deck (b) Banner (c) Lead(2) A sheet containing facts and detailed information on any issue is known as:(a) Summary (b) Write up (c) Backgrounder (3) The key Narrator of a newscast or program is called:(a) Announcer (b) Editor(c) Anchor(4) Mohammedan Social Reformer was the English Name of:(a) Muhazzab (b) Makhzari (c) Tahzeeb ul Akhlaq (5) Daily Dawn Started in:(a) 1940 (b) 1942 (c) 1944(6) Zamindar was launched by:-(a) Maulana Zafar Ali Khan (b) Maulvi Serajuddin (c) Munshi Mahboob Alam.(7) The first Editor of Dawn was:(a) Desmond Young (b) Altaf Hussain (c)Pothan Joseph(8) The number of radio stations, which Pakistan got in 1947 were:(a) 5 (b) 2 (c) 3 (1- Lahore 2- Peshawar 3- Dahaka)(9). Daily Jung first appeared from:(a) Calcutta (b) Karachi (c) Delhi(10) Hamid Nizami was the founder editor of:(a) Inqilab (b) Nawa-e-waqt (c) Mashriq (11) CPNE is the representative body of:(a) Editors (b) Newspaper owners (c)Woking journalists (12) Television made its advent in Pakistan in:(a) 1958 (b) 1964 (c) 1970(13) Leader is the name of:(a) Leading story on the front page.(b) Main Feature (c) Opening Editorial(14) Continuation of a story on another page is called:(a) Carried (b) Jump (c) Bouncer (15) S.M.C.R. is a well known:(a) Communication Theory (b) Communication Strategy(c) Communication Model(16) A story appearing with the name of the writer is called:(a) Credit line (b) By line (c) Print line(17) The largest mass medium in Pakistan is:(a) The Press (b) Radio (c) Television(18) Dr. Goebbles is known as father of:(a) Advertising (b) Public Relation (c) Propaganda(19) Radio Pakistan was converted to Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation in:(a) 1964 (b) 1972 (c) 1976(20) A.P.P. is the abbreviation of:(a) Allied papers of Pakistan(b) Association of Publications(c) Associated Press of Pakistan.
Hard work has made it easy. That is my secret. That is why I win.
devotiion
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by devotiion »

(1) Communication is aa) Theoryb) Strategyc) Processd) None of these(2) Television isa) Hot mediumb) Cool mediumc) Both (a) and (b)d) None of (a) and (b)(3) The Audience for whom the message is specifically designed are calleda) The target audienceb) The actual audiencec) The available audienced) None of these(4) Mathematical model of communication was developed bya) Wilbur Schramb) Charles E Osgoodc) Claude Shannon and Warren Weaverd) None of these(5) Sementic problem in communication deals witha) The effectiveness of the messageb) The transmission of the messagec) The selection of wordsd) None of these(6) In Rhetorical Communication Theory the major emphasis has been placed ona) Communicatorb) Audiencec) Responsed) None of these(7) The phrase “the medium is the message … and the message” was coined by:a) Malcolm Macleanb) Marshal Mcluhanc) Harold Lasswelld) None of these(8) The author of the well known communication book “Men, Message and Media: A look at Human Communication” isa) Charles Wrightb) Herbert Brueverc) Wilbur Schramd) None of these(9) Individuals working within organization and who make decisions about what is to be communicated are called.a) Regulatorsb) Gatekeepersc) Reportersd) None of these(10) Readers of a specialized magazine are known asa) Homogenous audienceb) Heterogeneous audiencec) Both of thesed) None of these(11) The type of communication based on purchased times or space is calleda) Publicityb) Advertisingc) Both of thesed) None of these(12) The structure of newspapers is determined bya) Frequency of publicationb) Size c) Circulationd) None of these(13) The individual or organization that initiates the advertising process, is calleda) The advertiserb) The advertising agencyc) The director of advertisingd) None of these(14) One of the major advantages of radio medium for advertising isa) Editorial Supportb) Permanencec) Flexibility d) None of these(15) The largest newspaper of Pakistan isa) Jangb) Nawa-e-Waqtc) The Newsd) None of these(16) World Service of Pakistan Television can be watched ina) 30 countriesb) 40 countriesc) 50 countriesd) None of these(17) Reuters is the news agency ofa) Hollandb) Francec) England d) None of these(18) UPI is the abbreviation ofa) United Press of Indiab) United Press Internationalc) United Press Indonesiad) None of these(19) The founder editor of Nawa-e-Waqt was:a) Hameed Nizamib) Majeed Nizamic) Arif Nizamid) None of these(20) The meeting of professionals having a series of prepared lectures, followed by questions and answers, is calleda) Seminarb) Workshopc) Symposiumd) None of these
Hard work has made it easy. That is my secret. That is why I win.
i_m_sohail
One Star Member
One Star Member

Post by i_m_sohail »

lecturer's test schedule announced. from 23rd sep. onward.................................
sOhAiL aNwAR[wave=blue][/wave]
desireheaven
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by desireheaven »

Sorry Dear "alonesoul: i was busy somewhere that's why was not able to visit hereI have taken two books.Dogar's publishersAnd bhatti Publisher'sand rest i think you must be cleared about background of this subject. if its like so then don't worry at all. as its not that much tough.and inshaAllah i will try to post all solved mcq's. I have to correct those so as soon as i do i will surely Post here.thanksBest of Luck.

Return to “Lecturers”