ELTR indigenous scholarship of hec

Here you can queries and their answers related to examinations held by PPSC
Aesha
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member
Nationality: Pakistani

ELTR indigenous scholarship of hec

Post by Aesha »

anyone knows about ELTR indigenous scholarship?
amish
One Star Member
One Star Member

Re: ELTR indigenous scholarship of hec

Post by amish »

English Language Teaching Reforms Project
IMPORTANT NOTE: ELTR Indigenous Scholarships Open for Year 2013

Program Advertisement

Indigenous ELT scholarships of 1-2 year duration are available under English Language Teaching Reforms (ELTR) Phase-II for in-service English teachers of public sector colleges and universities of the country in the following programs:
M. Phil /MS in Applied Linguistics and related disciplines
Masters in Applied Linguistics, TEFL, TESL, ELT
PGD, ADP in TEFL, TESL, ELT

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

Pakistani/AJK Nationals
Fulltime/ permanent English faculty of public sector colleges and universities
Teaching English at the graduate and post graduate level
Maximum 50 years of age, with minimum 16 years of education, with at least one year experience of teaching English as a subject
Already enrolled candidates into the specified programs may also apply for the scholarships. They will get funding for the remaining period of their study.
The ELTR fellows of Phase-I can apply for higher degree programs (MS/M. Phil) in Phase-II only after completion of service period as per their previous deed of agreement.

WHO IS INELIGIBLE?
The candidates who are above fifty years of age at the time of application or currently enrolled in any other scholarship program offered by HEC/ Government.
Any candidate who is not from the public sector HEIs.

HOW TO APPLY

Submission of hard copy of application and documents to Syed Musa Hassan, Project Manager ELTR Phase-II, HEC.
Documents required with Application:
Photocopies of all educational testimonials
Photocopy of CNIC
The candidates will apply through proper channel.
For college faculty NOC must be obtained from the Directorate of Colleges and university faculty must submit NOC from VC /Registrar.
Original online bank deposit slip of Rs. 400/- (non-refundable) in favor of the Director General Finance, Higher Education Commission, on Account No. 17427900133401, Habib Bank Ltd, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad, as processing fee.
Undertaking for the Long Term Scholarship on the judicial stamp paper.
The Application Form and format of the agreement is available here.
Admission letter of the university offering the specified programs. If the candidate has not secured admission in any university, s/he will be issued a provisional award letter and s/he will be required to submit admission letter within next six months for final award of scholarship otherwise his scholarship will be cancelled.

TERMS & CONDITIONS
The scholarship awardee is not to hold any other scholarship/stipend during the scholarship period of his/her study.
The awardee has to execute a bond with HEC/Government of Pakistan to serve in his parent institution for at least 2 years after completion of his degree.
The Higher Education Commission would monitor the Academic progress/ performance of the awardee.
No extension will be entertained.
The outstation candidates must take fulltime leave from their respective institutions.
HEC reserves the right for any change.
The awardee will be required to submit the following at the end of semester:
Progress Report (on prescribed form)
Semester Results and Final Result at the end of program

GRANTS & BENEFITS
The scholarship covers tuition fee of the participants up to Rs. 100,000/- that will be transferred to the university directly after receiving the invoice duly vetted by internal auditor of the university.
A stipend of Rs. 2000/- per month at the end of each semester (for on campus months only excluding the semester break).
In case of a candidate drop out or failing to complete the degree, the HEC will get reimbursement from the candidate.
No TA/DA will be admissible for test/interview.
No Hostel charges will be paid to the candidates.

CLOSING DATE MARCH 15, 2013 AT 03:00 PM

CONTACT DETAILS

Syed Musa Hassan
Project Manager
English Language Teaching Reforms (ELTR)
Learning Innovation Division
Higher Education Commission
Islamabad
Ph: 051 90400811/823
Email: mhassan@hec.gov.pk
Courage is like a muscle; it is strengthened by use.
Ruth Gordon

Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.
Albert Einstein
amish
One Star Member
One Star Member

Post by amish »

Aesha wrote:anyone knows about ELTR indigenous scholarship?
Unfortunately last date was 15th of March 2013... Check Further Detail on HEC Website...
Courage is like a muscle; it is strengthened by use.
Ruth Gordon

Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.
Albert Einstein
Aesha
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by Aesha »

I I HAVE RECEIVED THE LETTER FROM HEC.IS THERE ANYONE WHO HAS GOT IT AND CAN INFORM ME ABOUT THE COMPLETE PROCEDURE AFTER GETTING ITS LETTER?
Aesha
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

information required

Post by Aesha »

whats the procedure of downgradement of the vacant seat?mine principal isnt appointing an internee or cti for a vacant seat of an assistant professor who has gone for study leave almost 6 months back because she is her daughter and her seat will be considered vacant?i am the only lecturer of Eng in my college and all the classes I am alone bound 2 attend.I am going 2 start my M.phil and also an awardee of hec and need 2 go earlier than before what should i do please guide me if i will try 2 downgrade a seat of another college then if someone else will be promoted 2 that grade will my future be at stake ?waiting for answer?
chshakoor
TWO Star Member
TWO Star Member

Re: information required

Post by chshakoor »

Aesha wrote:whats the procedure of downgradement of the vacant seat?mine principal isnt appointing an internee or cti for a vacant seat of an assistant professor who has gone for study leave almost 6 months back because she is her daughter and her seat will be considered vacant?i am the only lecturer of Eng in my college and all the classes I am alone bound 2 attend.I am going 2 start my M.phil and also an awardee of hec and need 2 go earlier than before what should i do please guide me if i will try 2 downgrade a seat of another college then if someone else will be promoted 2 that grade will my future be at stake ?waiting for answer?
If any one is interested to transfer there then ask her to put application in secerteriat for downgrading.
Reagards,
A.Shakoor

Return to “QUERIES RELATED TO EXAMINATION”