Impacts of PPSC Policy of Awarding marks to First division holders

SalmanBukhari
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member
Nationality: Pakistani

Impacts of PPSC Policy of Awarding marks to First division holders

Post by SalmanBukhari »

Result of B.A/BSC annual system 2015 declared by Punjab University today.
121658 candidates appeared in exam. Only 12 thousand candidates got first division,
which is just 10 % percent. Out of 12 thousand first division holders,10 thousand are girls and only 2 thousand are boys.
In semester system all candidates got first division,moreover university of Sargodha, BZU, Comsat, International Islamic University, Allama Iqbal Open University, Virtual University, University of Gujrat, Faisalabad Agriculture University, NUML University, UCP, GC University ETC, have different level of marking criteria, these universities have no any strict marking rule as compared to annual system of Punjab University.
In this forum we raised voice a lot of time that PPSC should remove academic qualification marks. Awarding more marks to first division holders who got degrees from semester system is injustice.
In Lahore board In Matriculation exams a girl got 1080 marks out of 1100. and in 9th exam a boy got 545 marks out of 550 marks. it simply means that the marking process has become so lineant, because the paper pattern is 75% Objective type including mcqs,short questions etc. if we compare it from those persons who had passed matric 10 years ago,that time only 25 % paper used to be objective type and 75% was subjective.
Moreover now a days in matric and intermediate exams,paper checkers used to give instructions that if a candidate give accurate answer,they should not cut their single mark.
For example now a days in Urdu,Pakistan studies and Islamic studies paper checkers used to give full marks to candidates if they give accurate answers.
We always convey our point of views with facts and figures, but PPSC is not interested in paying heed on such issues. Even a large number of Applications have been send by many aspirants to PPSC to change their policy but all is futile and useless.
Last edited by SalmanBukhari on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZEESHAN311
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Re: Impacts of PPSC Policy of Awarding marks to First division holders

Post by ZEESHAN311 »

First of all bro that ratio given by you reflects 10% ist division holders rather than
1%, secondly bhai jan i am unable to understand your point of view ,
A person who have studied day & night to get A+ grades & Ist div in graduation , why he/she should not be given some extra marks in academics rather than a person who passed his studies with normal marks
Then , u saying 10 years ago it was v tough to get marks as the major portion of paper pattern was subjecive so my dear bro i did matriculation in 2005 i.e. exactly 10 years ago and i got A+ from Fsd board
Briefly i want to say that E.g. a person having 70% in matric & fsc & 2nd div in graduation get 33 in academic in ppsc & a person having 80% in matric & fsc & 1st div in Graduation get 37 so what u think k us bnde ki sari studies ki mehnat ka itna sa b benefit na miley ???
There is no difference b/w an average & a topper candidate of his studies ??
eastern
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by eastern »

No doubt marking criteria has changed over years.
Now , sub examiner has to mention the reason for even a slightest deduction of marks .
I happened to observe marking process this year and i found that , now , even an average student can get 80 percent marks while some years ago , only brilliant students couldd obtain such high pecentage.
^ Somewhere between HIS EGO and HER SELF RESPECT , they LOST their LOVE ^
umeed100
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by umeed100 »

this ture i m als0 marking papers from last 3 years even if we deduct marks for mistake headexaminer award full marks ignore mistake .they said bachon ka kheal krain un k mustakbil ka sawal he
SalmanBukhari
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by SalmanBukhari »

Dear zeeshan311 bhai, agar apki first division and A+ grade hai tou apko itna dar kyun hai,ap yehi A+ marks PPSC me bhi lay sakte hain,
a person who got A+ grades in Matric he used to take credit of it by getting admission in various colleges with scholarships and benefits etc.
jab aapne matric A+ grade me hasil keya tou apne uska credit bhi hasil keya,us ke nateejay me apka admission scholarship ki base per kisi bohat achay private ya Govt college me merit per hua,jiski waja se apne dobara se intermediate me A+ hasil keya, yehi nahi agar apne FSC ki tou apko aur ziyada creidit mila Medical college ya engineering uni me admission hasil karne ka,yehi nahi balke apko PU ya dosri universities me as a regular candidate in semester system me bhi parhne keliye admission merit per mila hoga,aur semester system me tou ati he har kisi ki first division hai.
apke muqablay me jitne bhi candidates ko second divisions ya B grades milay unhe ye tamaam asaeshein nahi mili.
matric me second division holders ko private colleges me ziyada fee sumbit karwa kar admission lena para ya phir backward govt colleges me parhna para jahan se unhein phir se 2nd division he mili.
ab aap kiya chahte ho ke sari umer aap apni matric aur intermediate ke A+ grades ka credit letay raho gay. is tarah tou muje bhi credit milna chahiye because mene apni school life me class 3 se class 8 tak humesha positions hasil ki hain,aur mere pass as a proof shields,cups and certificates bhi hain.laikin fsc aur bachelors me meri second division aae jiski waja se ppsc walay muje interview me humesha kum marks day kar reject kar detay hain,because unke samne tou sirf meray matric,fsc and bachelors ke marks hotay hain.
aur bachelors mene PU se as a private candidate he keya tha.mere pas Punjab university ki 3 degrees hain,magar uske bawajood muje 6 times PPSC walon ne meri second divisions ki waja se muje interviews me reject keya hai.
PU ke bachelor ske is year ke result ke mutabik 90% candidates ne second divisions hasil ki out of 1 lack twenty first thousand candidates me se.
ab yeh 90% candidates interviews mein PPSC ki nazar me eligible he nahi hain for selecting in govt jobs thats y PPSC reject them in interviews.
chemnerd
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by chemnerd »

If a fruit vendor can get position in board then there is no excuse for any second division holder that he/she could not get first divisions as they belong to rural area or due to inadequate resources or whatever the reason may be. I personally know many people who rose to the height of glory even when all their life was spent in villages and they were living in sheer poverty. But they didn't allowed their deplorable plight and inadequacy of resources as an impediment or a hurdle in their path. IF one can get high first division in annual semester then anyone can get. No excuses. It is said that "SWEET ARE THE USES OF ADVERSITY" so in my view great people are one that divert their adversity into an opportunity rather than make lame excuses that they were not given level playing field. And believe me inadequacy of resources and backwardness always encourages the sane people to work harder. It instills strong appetite for showing more perseverance, determination and diligence, and many great people achieved acme after arising from detectable and very poor circumstances. Only those recourse to the excuses who are not willing to fight. Those who are lacking in sportsman spirit. Those who cry against the circumstances just try to compensate their own weakness. So this circumstantial theory is totally a piece of shit because no two people in this world have the same level playing field or exactly with same capabilities and resources in hand.

And if you are still going to complain about these differences then first write an application to Almighty Allah that why He makes some people born in poor families and some in rich ones. Why He does not provide a level playing field at the first place rather than complaining to Chairman PPSC. Do it if you can and if you cant then accept it as a divine Rule.

PS: I am also a second divisioner but I blame myself for this because i knew whatever the circumstances be, if I had worked harder and harder i could have been easily quenched the top position. But i also just make hue and cry against the impartial level playing field because afterall I am a second DIVISIONER.. :)
eastern
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by eastern »

Annual system particularly in post graduate colleges has a different marking criteria than that of universities . This can be judged by the only one facing it. Annual system students have more knowledge of subject than semester system students generally.
^ Somewhere between HIS EGO and HER SELF RESPECT , they LOST their LOVE ^

Return to “SUGGESTIONS RELATED IMPROVEMENT OF PPSC FORUM”