Pak Studies should be attempted in Urdu or in English .

Information about the Pakistan Studies PMS paper.
Total Marks are 100 Marks and Passing marks for this is 33
Tasawar Bosal
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
Nationality: Pakistani

Pak Studies should be attempted in Urdu or in English .

Post by Tasawar Bosal »

Well as per directions of PPSCOne can attempt paper in both Urdu and English. But I have consulted many senior competitors as well as teachers associated with PMS and CSS.All of them are unanimous that do not at all attempt this paper in Urdu.Do attempt it in English only.They say those in 2009 attempted it in Urdu met with disaster and it proved nightmare for them.A large number of students failed in Pak studies paper in 2009.There were two reasons.1 - Those who attempted in Urdu got bad marks.2 - Usage of sub-standard books brought downfall of many.Therefore use standard books likeTrek to Pakistan.and solve paper in Englishput your optimum work .Allah would do the Justice.Regards Tasawar
Assistant Director Anti-Corruption Sargodha
www.tassawurbosal.blogspot.com
Haseeb
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Re: Pak Studies should be attempted in Urdu or in English .

Post by Haseeb »

Yes i agree with u , it should be attempted in English.In addition to Trek to pakistan,consult pakistan studies by Dr Muhammad Sarwar.It is short,comprehensive and impressive.Specially suitable for those with limited time for preparation.
The philosophy of one century is the common sense of the next.
Tasawar Bosal
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Post by Tasawar Bosal »

Haseeb wrote:Yes i agree with u , it should be attempted in English.In addition to Trek to pakistan,consult pakistan studies by Dr Muhammad Sarwar.It is short,comprehensive and impressive.Specially suitable for those with limited time for preparation.
Alone Trek to Pakistan is enough as well as pre-partition portion is concerned.For remaining part if questions come, they are based on current affairs.For this Dawn newspaper needs to be read daily .Besides this .Jahandir's Worlds Time Magazine can prove instrumental.
farasat_ali
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by farasat_ali »

Tasawar Bosal wrote: Well as per directions of PPSCOne can attempt paper in both Urdu and English. But I have consulted many senior competitors as well as teachers associated with PMS and CSS.All of them are unanimous that do not at all attempt this paper in Urdu.Do attempt it in English only.They say those in 2009 attempted it in Urdu met with disaster and it proved nightmare for them.A large number of students failed in Pak studies paper in 2009.There were two reasons.1 - Those who attempted in Urdu got bad marks.2 - Usage of sub-standard books brought downfall of many.Therefore use standard books likeTrek to Pakistan.and solve paper in Englishput your optimum work .Allah would do the Justice.Regards Tasawar
There is nothing wrong that if you attempt well in Urdu and face the disaster. if you will attempt well and neat you will get good marks. Checkers are not mad that if we will attempt in Urdu and they get angry and give no mark? How this is possible.All candidates if you can not attempt well in English think that you can not attempt in English then go for Urdu and attempt well. Do not take any risk.
Age is whatever you think it is. You are as old as you think you are.(MUHAMMAD ALI JINNAH)
Tasawar Bosal
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Post by Tasawar Bosal »

farasat_ali wrote:
Tasawar Bosal wrote: Well as per directions of PPSCOne can attempt paper in both Urdu and English. But I have consulted many senior competitors as well as teachers associated with PMS and CSS.All of them are unanimous that do not at all attempt this paper in Urdu.Do attempt it in English only.They say those in 2009 attempted it in Urdu met with disaster and it proved nightmare for them.A large number of students failed in Pak studies paper in 2009.There were two reasons.1 - Those who attempted in Urdu got bad marks.2 - Usage of sub-standard books brought downfall of many.Therefore use standard books likeTrek to Pakistan.and solve paper in Englishput your optimum work .Allah would do the Justice.Regards Tasawar
There is nothing wrong that if you attempt well in Urdu and face the disaster. if you will attempt well and neat you will get good marks. Checkers are not mad that if we will attempt in Urdu and they get angry and give no mark? How this is possible.All candidates if you can not attempt well in English think that you can not attempt in English then go for Urdu and attempt well. Do not take any risk.
And I reckon, those who cant attempt pak affairs in english,cannot at all pass english essay paper . neither they can pass Englisg Paper II.They should stop this futile effort.I have been among dozens of aspirants who appeared in PMS 2009and I have met dozens of the candidates who are going to appear this year.Not a single INTELLECTUAL I have found who has attempted this paper in urdu and has been allocated,nor any who suggests this.Wake up brother.Even one of my friend He cleared the pms 2009 and is working as section officer got outstanding marks in all subject,but he attempted journalism in urduand you know what?He got 75/200 marks.Choice is of candidates.But giving good advice is Sadqa.
farasat_ali
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by farasat_ali »

Tasawar Bosal wrote:
farasat_ali wrote:
And I reckon, those who cant attempt pak affairs in english,cannot at all pass english essay paper . neither they can pass Englisg Paper II.They should stop this futile effort.I have been among dozens of aspirants who appeared in PMS 2009and I have met dozens of the candidates who are going to appear this year.Not a single INTELLECTUAL I have found who has attempted this paper in urdu and has been allocated,nor any who suggests this.Wake up brother.Even one of my friend He cleared the pms 2009 and is working as section officer got outstanding marks in all subject,but he attempted journalism in urduand you know what?He got 75/200 marks.Choice is of candidates.But giving good advice is Sadqa.
I reckon that the person who failed or did not get good marks they always said that we attempt in Urdu blan blan. This is reality my dear. Have confident. If they mention that you can attempt in Urdu and English both then why low marks for Urdu candidates and high marks for English candidates
Age is whatever you think it is. You are as old as you think you are.(MUHAMMAD ALI JINNAH)
farasat_ali
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by farasat_ali »

Tasawar Bosal wrote:
farasat_ali wrote:
I reckon that the person who failed or did not get good marks they always said that we attempt in Urdu blan blan. This is reality my dear. Have confident. If they mention that you can attempt in Urdu and English both then why low marks for Urdu candidates and high marks for English candidates. I confirmed from PPSC Office as well.
Tasawar Bosal
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Post by Tasawar Bosal »

@Frasat AliBrother the person I have mentioned has been selected, not failed.He got outstanding marks in all so he got elected.but the subject he did in urdu gave him 75/200 marks exceptionally low marks.I am honestly telling , I have not seen a single person thinking of doing pak study in Urdu.I daily visit Quaid e Azam Library Bagh e Jinah Lahore.This is the epicentre of the students of pms and css.I daily meet dozens of competent aspirants.I have not seen or listened about a single who is going to do it in urdu.None even advocates it.Rather people ridicule this notion.
farasat_ali
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by farasat_ali »

Tasawar Bosal wrote:@Frasat AliBrother the person I have mentioned has been selected, not failed.He got outstanding marks in all so he got elected.but the subject he did in urdu gave him 75/200 marks exceptionally low marks.I am honestly telling , I have not seen a single person thinking of doing pak study in Urdu.I daily visit Quaid e Azam Library Bagh e Jinah Lahore.This is the epicentre of the students of pms and css.I daily meet dozens of competent aspirants.I have not seen or listened about a single who is going to do it in urdu.None even advocates it.Rather people ridicule this notion.
may be you are right but personally i do not believe this
Tasawar Bosal
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Post by Tasawar Bosal »

farasat_ali wrote:
Tasawar Bosal wrote:@Frasat AliBrother the person I have mentioned has been selected, not failed.He got outstanding marks in all so he got elected.but the subject he did in urdu gave him 75/200 marks exceptionally low marks.I am honestly telling , I have not seen a single person thinking of doing pak study in Urdu.I daily visit Quaid e Azam Library Bagh e Jinah Lahore.This is the epicentre of the students of pms and css.I daily meet dozens of competent aspirants.I have not seen or listened about a single who is going to do it in urdu.None even advocates it.Rather people ridicule this notion.
may be you are right but personally i do not believe this
Dear Brother You possess avery right to disagree.And I respect it.And I agree with Great Voltaire as he said,"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. "

Return to “PAKISTAN STUDIES”