Syllabus for Mass Com.

This subject carries 200 Marks
Tasawar Bosal
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
Nationality: Pakistani

Syllabus for Mass Com.

Post by Tasawar Bosal »

SYLLABUS FOR THE SUBJECT OF MASS COMMUNICATIONPaper - ITotal Marks: 100Media: Functions, Contents and History [/i][/b]1. News: Definition, Structure, Language, Reporting and Sub-Editing2. Feature, Column and Editorial: Difference of objectives, structure, style andcontent.3. Organizational Structures of national newspapers and news agencies4. Ethics of Journalism and Freedom of the Press5. Press Laws in Pakistan and Government Media Relationship6. Role of Sir Syed Ahmed Khan, Maulana Zafar Ali Khan, Muhammad Ali Johar,Hasrat Mohani and Hameed Nizami in Urdu Press of the Sub-Continent7. Role of Radio, Television, print media and internet in Pakistan8. Social and Developmental Responsibilities of Pakistani Media9. Importance of Radio TV Documentary and Live Programmes10. Difference between the news of print media and electronic media Paper-IICommunication, Advertising and Public Relations Total Marks: 100[/i][/b]I. Process of Communication: source-message-channel- Receiver-Noise andRedundancy2. Barriers to Communication3. Principles of Effective Communication4. Development Communication and Development Journalism5. Difference between Mass Communication, Development Communication,Development Journalism and Development Support Communication6. Two step flow of communication and Opinion Leaders7. Public Relations: Definition and Scope- Tools of Public Relations- PublicRelations in Pakistan- Difference between PR, Propaganda. Advertising andPublicity.8. Advertising: Definition-Merits and Demerits- Advertising business in Pakistan-Departments of an Advertising Agency.9. Importance of research in Advertising and Public Relations10. Advertising as the lifeblood of media
Assistant Director Anti-Corruption Sargodha
www.tassawurbosal.blogspot.com

Return to “MASS COMMUNICATION”