Essay Writing: An Easy and Complete Guide

Members are invited to submit essay in this section, and others users are invited to give comments about it.
leaksnews
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member
Nationality: Pakistani

Essay Writing: An Easy and Complete Guide

Post by leaksnews »

AOAHere is what I got from my teacher about essay writing.Essay topics There are two types of essay topics 1-Open topics2-Close topics1-Open topicsIn open topics, you have the choice to write whatever you want to, means no restriction but stick to the topic. For example, if the essay topic is "terrorism" then you can write its any angle like terrorism is increasing day by day, terrorism is Haraam in Islam, terrorism can be eradicated, ways to eradicate terrorism, terrorism in history, etc.2-Close topicsWhile in close topics, you have only two options whether to write in the favour of statement or write against.For example, In CSS 2011 Essay paper, the topic "The time we live in is the winter of the world" is a close topic. You have only two options here, whether to accept that the time we live in is the winter of the world OR the second available option is to deny it by negating that the time we live in is not the winter of the world.Like in CSS 2010 paper, one of the topics was "Dialogue is the best course to combat terrorism." this is also a close topic and you have only two options, first is to accept that really dialogue is the best way to end terrorism and the second option is to deny it by saying that war is the best way to combat terrorism.Another example is “Global Warming: a fact or fiction”. Here you have to prove that whether global warming is a fact or a fiction.In close topics, you have to develop thesis statement. You can only write in the favour of statement or against the statement. But in both cases you have to prove your stance (thesis statement) with arguments and examples. Keywords:Take these two topics “Terrorism in Pakistan” and “Status of women in Islam”The underlined words are the keywords of these essays. In essay writing, you have to stick to the keywords.Outline:Outline is the map of the essay that tells the reader, before reading, the path you are going to follow. Outline is written mostly in points.Example : 1-Introduction (In 1 to 2 lines, write your opinion/thesis statement here that you are going to prove.) 2- ………………. 3- ……………….(i)-………….. (ii)- …………4- ………………. 5- ……………….(i)-…………..(a)-…… (b)-….. (ii)- …………(a)-…… (b)-…..6-………………. 7- ………………. 8- ConclusionEssay:The Essay consists of mainly three parts 1-Introduction (The objective of this paragraph is to make an opinion/thesis statement (i.e. whether to write in favour or topic or against the topic)2-Body (here you have to prove the opinion)3-ConclusionHow to write Introduction:There are two ways to start introductory paragraph 1-Direct way Start directly with keyword and state your opinion about the essay statement2-Indirect way Start with a quotation, Verse or story and then state your opinion about essay statement. 1. Introduction should start generally 2. It should end specifically 3. It should be brief. 4. It must contain opinion. 5. Introduction’s end should be an opinion. 6. Paragraph’s length is about 10 to 12 lines.Body of the essay:Here, you have to prove your opinion/thesis statement with examples and arguments. There can be many paragraphs in the body, but every paragraph must contain only a single idea or view to prove the essay. Every paragraph must contain the essay keyword.And every paragraph must prove the thesis statement.Conclusion:To rephrase the opinion in different words, to end essay with a long lasting effect is the conclusion of the essay. Its length is almost equal to the introduction paragraph i.e., 10 to 12 lines.thanks to Chauhdary12
HADAYAT
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Re: Essay Writing: An Easy and Complete Guide

Post by HADAYAT »

Best Urdu Essay and Article Website for Tehsildar examshttp://www.hamariweb.com/articles/artic ... px?Page=20Urdu Essays and Articles website must visit
HADAYAT
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by HADAYAT »

1- Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper on the need for having better libraries in your city.Examination Hall,A.B.C. (City). June 8, 2011.The Editor, The News. Lahore.Sir,Kindly allow me to use the space of your esteemed newspaper to highlight the problem faced by the students of our city. It is really regrettable that no reasonable library is available to the students and educated people of the city. Hence, they often fail to get latest books on science and arts subjects. There are few libraries in the city but those too are without proper books. There is a great need to open one or two well equipped libraries in the city for the educated population of the city. I would like to make following suggestions for having more and well equipped libraries in the city:1. The government should open two or three public libraries in the city. There should be latest books on science and arts subjects in the libraries.2. Enough funds should be provided to the libraries to buy new books, magazines and newspapers.3. The government should buy property in the name of the libraries. This property should be a permanent source of income for these libraries.4. A fund should be established for the opening of the new libraries and awareness should be created among the masses especially the rich ones to contribute in this fund.5. Rich people should themselves spend their extra money for the establishment of small libraries. If one or two wealthy people do this others will follow their example. I hope through above said suggestions the thirst of educated people of our city can be fulfilled. Let us hope for better.Yours truly,X.Y.Z.2. Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper suggesting how “zakat” can really become useful.Examination Hall,A.B.C. (City).June 8, 2011.The Editor, The Pakistan Times, Lahore.Sir,May I use the space of your esteemed newspaper to highlight that how “zakat” become really useful for the poor people? Zakat is a system introduced by Islam to help the poor and the needy people. Actually this system was introduced to create a balance in the society. But, unfortunately, “zakat” is not being used effectively as it should be. I put forward following suggestions to make “zakat” really useful and productive: a. The big amount collected under “zakat” should mostly be invested in a few big industries in the cities and in the cottage industries in the villages. The money got from these industries as profit should then be distributed among the poor.b. More and more poor people who get “zakat” should be employed in the industries setup by zakat fund. This will not only solve the problem of unemployment but the problem of begging also.c. The government and people should make efforts to increase the production in the country through investment of zakat money. It will benefit all especially the poor and will increase industrial production also. A national discussion can be made before implication of above said suggestions.Yours truly,X.Y.Z.3. Write a letter to the Editor of a newspaper protesting against the corruption in the government offices.Examination Hall,A.B.C. (City). June 8, 2011.The Editor, The Dawn, Lahore.Sir,Please allow me to use some space of your esteemed newspaper to protest against the evil of corruption in government offices. Corruption is a troublesome problem. There is hardly any department or office in Pakistan which is free of corruption. Prevalence of corruption has created deep disappointment among people and they have lost faith in justice. The societies, where the corruption and bribery take firm roots, destroy morally. People take law in their hands and dacoits, criminals and thieves become dominant force. The distinction between right and wrong disappears. Every student of history knows, corruptions one of the greatest reasons in the downfall of nations. I strongly suggest following measures to eradicate this problem:i. Measures should be taken to improve the economic situation of the country. This will improve the living standard of the people and will be helpful in eradicating the evil of corruption.ii. Salaries of the government employees should be increased to such an extent that they should not feel the need to do corruption.iii. Political, ethical and social system should completely be changed.iv. Wide discretionary powers from public servants should be taken away.v. Anti-Corruption department should completely be overhauled and should be made effective.I hope above made suggestions can improve the situation to some extent.Yours truly,X.Y.Z.4. Write to the District Health Officer informing him about the need ofopening a dispensary in the area where you are living.Examination Hall,A.B.C. (City). June 8, 2011.The District Health Officer,A.B.C. (City)Respected Sir,I would like to bring to your kind notice the urgent need for opening a dispensary in our area. There is no dispensary in this area of over five square kilometers. The poor people of this area are in great difficulty. They have to travel to distant government hospitals in the heat and cold. Most of the people living in this area are poor or have ordinary incomes. They will surely be very much benefited if a dispensary is opened for them. I would suggest you to personally visit the area and observe the situation. Expecting a favourable and quick response.Yours truly,X.Y.Z.6 Write a letter to Food Minister about food adulteration.Examination Hall,A.B.C. (City). June 10, 2011.The Honorable Provincial Minister of Food, Lahore.Sir,With due respect, I would like to draw your kind attention to the present situation regarding food adulteration in the country. I hope you will take necessary steps to check this evil. Most sellers of essential food items like butter, ghee, spices etc. adulterate them. This is very harmful to the health of people. The main reason for food adulteration is the fact that pure food is in short supply. The prices of pure food are high. The sellers adulterate them and sell them in cheaper rates and in greater quantities to earn more money. I make following suggestions to improve this situation:1. Food production should be increased through better and modern methods.2. More dairy farms should be opened to increase the production of dairy products like milk, cheese and butter.3. There should be better facilities for transporting food from village to market places.4. The people involved in this mal practice should be punished heavily. I hope to get a careful response.Yours truly,X.Y.Z.6. Write a letter to the City Nazim for the need of Children Park in your city.Examination Hall,A.B.C. (City). June 10, 2011.TThe District Nazim,A.B.C. (City).Sir,As you know that ours is a historical, populous and congested city. It has many problems and it is quite heartening that you are taking keen interest in solving all these problems. But with due respect I want to draw your attention towards an important problem faced by our city. This problem is the lack of a reasonable park for children. As you know children are our hope for a bright future. So it is our duty to provide them all the basic facilities of life. Good health is an essential factor. It is a well known saying that, “Sound mind is in sound body”. Park can provide pure air which is quite necessary for good health. Beautiful scenery, colourful flowers can attract their attention. These charming fragrant scenes can bring vital changes in their personalities. Apart from that problem of a playground for children can be solved in this way and they will become healthier. Hence, I strongly suggest you to open a children park in the city as soon as possible.Yours truly,X.Y.Z.6. Write a letter to the Editor of a newspaper about the risingunemployment in our country.Examination Hall,A.B.C. (City). June 10, 2011.The Editor, The Dawn, Lahore.Sir,Through your esteemed newspaper I want to draw attention of concerned authorities towards growing problem of unemployment. Majority of our young people are with out reasonable job. You can’t imagine, how much difficult it is for someone to earn livelihood in our country. A man has to work hard to nurse his children and to send them school. He dreams about the bright future of his children. But when after a long struggle, his children come out of their institutes with a degree in their hands, a new problem starts for him. Now he has to knock every door to get a descent job for them, but in vain. Dejected from this heart breaking situation, one day his children join a group of robbers or dacoits and shed the blood of innocent people. How sad it is, but no government has ever taken any concrete steps to eradicate this problem. I would like to place following suggestions to minimize this situation:1) Private sector should be given some incentives () to set up factories. In these factories a large number of unemployed young ones can be employed.2) Foreign investors should be encouraged to invest in our country.3) Easy loans, without any interest, should be given to young men to start their own business.4) In different departments, while filling new posts, priority should be given to merit. I hope above mentioned suggestions would improve this situation to some extent.Yours truly,X.Y.Z.8. Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper about the present law and order situation in the country.Examination Hall,A.B.C. (City). June 12, 2011.The Editor, The Pakistan Times, Lahore.Sir,At that time we are passing through the most delicate phase of our history. Every day newspapers are filled with the news of bad law and order situation prevailing in our society. Incidents of murder, robbery, dacoit and rape are on the rise. Though the police are there to check such a kind of incidents, but due to corrupt police officers the situation is getting bad to worst. The number of bomb explosions is also rising day by day. The terrorists are hunting the most genius minds of our country. No one is safe here. Like every Pakistani I am also very concerned about this horrible situation. In my point of view, if following steps are taken the, the present situation can improve a bit:1) Police department is the most corrupt one in the country and there is a great need of overhauling of this department. More efficient and honest people should be employed in the police department, while corrupt one should be expelled from it with awarding them exemplary punishments.2) Police should be provided sophisticated weapons and material.3) There is a need of improvement in the working of secret agencies. The training of these agencies and police department should be done on scientific and modern basis.4) The criminal should be awarded heavy and exemplary punishments, so that an example can be set for others.5) Awareness about laws should be created among common people, which will help them in getting justice. In this regard media can play an important part. Let us hope better for our country.Yours truly,X.Y.Z.9. Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper about the acts of terrorism or bomb blasts in our country.Examination Hall,A.B.C. (City). June 12, 2011.The Editor, The News, Lahore.Sir,Now a days, the situation is very bad in our country. The number of bomb explosions is increasing day by day. The terrorists are hunting the most genius minds of our country. This is the result of situation in Afghanistan, Iraq, Middle East and Kashmir. There is an atmosphere of horror and fear prevailing in the country. Although there is a great need to check this menace, yet it is quite unfortunate that the situation is getting bad to worst. I would like to place following suggestions to improve this situation: a. We should be as neutral in world politics as possible.b. We should keep all kind of refugees with in area of their camps. Fresh lists of old and new refugees should be kept.c. The government should take possession of all the arms with the refugees.d. The arms illegally possessed by our people should be taken back and new arms licenses should be issued after careful consideration.e. Secret services and policemen should keep watch on public places and public gatherings.f. Awareness about sectarianism should be created among the people. In this regard media can play an important part.g. The terrorists should be awarded heaviest punishments. The people will surely co-operate with the government in its efforts to deal with the terrorism on the above lines.Yours truly,X.Y.Z.10. Write a letter to the sanitary inspector about the unhygienic conditions in your locality.Examination Hall,A.B.C. (City). June 12, 2011.The Sanitary Inspector,A.B.C. (City).Sir,I would like to draw your attention towards the unhygienic condition in our locality. There are heap of rubbish everywhere. They give a very bad smell. Flies sitting on them cause diseases. Then there are small poles of dirty water outside the houses. Mosquitoes on them are the cause of malaria that is a common disease here. I make following suggestions to improve this situation:1) There should be proper arrangements for the removal of rubbish from the streets.2) The corporation may construct some special structures on the roadsides where people may throw rubbish.3) There should be arrangements for the proper removal of the dirty water from the streets. Water should not be allowed to stay at any place.4) We the people should also show some sense and should not throw garbage in the streets or on the roads. We should try to make our city clean. It is expected that you will take immediate steps to keep our locality clean.Yours truly,X.Y.Z.11. Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper about the rising prices of things of daily use or inflation.Examination Hall,A.B.C. (City). June 12, 2011.The Editor, The Nation, Lahore.Sir,Please allow me to use the space of your esteemed newspaper to highlight the problem faced by our common man now a day. For the last few months the prices of things of daily use have been rising steadily. The daily eatable things are getting out of reach of poor people. The day is not for when the poor will only dream for these things. The prices vegetables, fruit, milk etc. are making the life of poor people very difficult. They are finding it hard to survive in their small incomes. Here are following suggestions to improve this situation:1) The latest methods should be used to increase the production of food products. The more the quantity of things for sale, the lower the prices.2) The distribution of things produced should be quick and proper.3) The government and social organizations should put pressure on shopkeepers to sell goods at right prices.4) Black marketers should be given heavy punishments.5) We should take steps to check our rising population. If it continue to rise at present rate, it will be very difficult to provide things of daily use to all the people in proper quantities. Let us hope the government and people will act together to bring prices down.Yours truly,X.Y.Z.12. Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of cable TV.Examination Hall,A.B.C. (City). June 12, 2011.The Editor, The News, Lahore.Sir,We are passing through a scientific age. Science has done some wonders for us. Some of its inventions are beneficial while other are creating real harm to man. One of such inventions is Cable TV. There is hardly any city or town in Pakistan where cable TV is not operating. On this, cable operators are showing variety of channels, ranging from informative to recreational ones. Among these channels few are local but most of them are foreign, especially Indians. No doubt, these channels are providing a lot of information and entertainment, but it is also a fact that they are creating some bad effects on our young generation. Vulgar and action scenes, which should be prohibited to show to children, are easily in their reach. In the result of which they are getting spoil. Apart from that they are getting prone to the Indian traditions, which are hurting our Islamic traditions adversely. I would like to place following suggestions to improve this situation:i. Cable operators should be allowed to show some selected channels only.ii. A poll among people should be conducted to decide which channels should be shown and which channels should be banned.iii. A team should be made which can make surprise visits to check the channels shown by different cable operators. I hope above said suggestions will solve this problem to some extent.Yours truly,X.Y.Z.13. Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper about the need of construction of some new dams in the country.Examination Hall,A.B.C. (City). June 14, 2011.The Editor, The Nation. Lahore.Sir,Through your esteemed newspaper I want to draw the attention of concerned authorities about the need of construction of some news dams in our country. In modern age three things are very important for the survival of man; water, air and electricity. Without these three, life is very difficult. Life with out air and water is impossible while electricity had played and is still playing an important part in the progress of the world. Other countries of the world are planning to secure their future in the fields of water reservation and power production. In our country, main source of power production are dams. The electricity produced by hydro power plants is much cheaper as compared to the electricity produced by thermal or gas run power plants. Therefore, running of power plants through our hydro resources will save our billions of dollars. In this respect, the construction of some new dams is need of the hour. By the construction of new dams not only water shortage can be avoided but production of cheap electricity can also be made possible. The electricity produced in this way can be used to run hundred of closed mills and factories. The opening of these closed mills and factories can provide employment to thousands of unemployed people. Water stored in these dams will also increase the agricultural production of country. Hence I pray to government to construct new dams for the better future of our country.Yours truly,X.Y.Z.14. Letter to the editor of a newspaper drawing his attention towards the deteriorating condition of public parks and gardens.Examination Hall,A.B.C. (City).September 11, 2011.The Editor, The Nation, Lahore.Sir,Through your esteemed newspaper I want to draw the attention of concerned authorities towards the much deteriorating condition of public gardens and parks in our city. The city which was once quite famous for its number of beautiful gardens and parks has now been deserted. Most of the parks and gardens which were a chief source of recreation for local masses are not in the city map now. This is all because of some developmental work or encroachment by surrounding locals. Those which are left there are now showing a deserted and barren picture. The tree and plants which remained full of beautiful flowers now are full of dirt. There are heap of rubbish every where as there is no proper planning for removal of waste. The non-availability of proper benches for sitting aggravates the conditions a bit more. But alas! Like all other departments this bad condition of public gardens and parks is also looking towards authorities for their humble look. I would like to make following suggestions to improve the sorry state of this beautiful blessing of nature:1) No construction should be allowed in the place of a garden or park.2) Experienced and hard working people should be employed as gardeners to look after the gardens.3) Dust bins and drums should be installed in the gardens and parks for the disposal of waste.4) We the people are also responsible for giving a shabby look to the gardens as we don’t care to put waste in the drums, installed here for that purpose. Hence, we should also show some sense and should use these drums.5) The gardens and parks encroached by people should be released and should be made available to the people after their renovation.6) Proper seating facilities should be made available in the parks and gardens.I know these measures will not solve the situation on the whole, but a little improvement can be made by implementing them. With this hope my voice will not go waste,
adeel007
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by adeel007 »

ya essay hain ya applications?
JillyKnowsEverything
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by JillyKnowsEverything »

Again - here you can find a simple and easy to use essay writinf guide : http://www.essaymama.com/blog/essay-writing-guide/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
genermcmillan
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member
Nationality: united states

Post by genermcmillan »

This guide is very much helpful. If you go through with online resources like http://cheapessaywritingservice.us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; this, you can get more writing tips from the professional writers and bloggers.

Return to “ESSAYS WRITING / ESSAYS SAMPLES”