Screening test conundrum......

News and General Discussion related to PPSC and other matters can be share in this forum.
SOHAILSAEED123
One Star Member
One Star Member
Nationality: Pakistani

Screening test conundrum......

Post by SOHAILSAEED123 »

Pakistan Observer
March 11, 2014

In the year 2013, the Federal Public Service Commission had issued a notice for conducting the screen out test to check the eligibility of the students prior to the Central Superior Services (CSS) Examination. All the aspirants of the CSS totally focused on the preparation of compulsory subjects and Mathematics but at the meantime it was cancelled, however the Commission decided that the new pattern of screening test will be exercised next year (2014). This sudden decision of FPSC created a lot of confusion in the minds of CSS aspirants.

The whole planning of the students regarding their studies was disrupted. The question arises here what is the purpose of the screening test. It is considered that it will help in the selection of competent candidates for the CSS exam. As the number of candidates will be minimized so the burden on FPSC will be abated. Similarly it will save the time duration. The checking of papers and announcement of results will also be much easier for the Commission. These are benefits for the Commission but for the students it has brought serious apprehensions. Firstly, they are doubtful whether the exam will be held this year or not so that they should divert their whole attention towards compulsory subjects and Mathematics. Secondly, they will know in advance whether they have the potential of taking the CSS Exam. Thirdly, there is a chance of failure of talented students and a chance of success of incapable candidates because the guess and luck factor also plays a critical role in attempting the MCQS.

It is now the need of the hour that looking to the serious concern of the CSS aspirants regarding the screening test the Commission should decide earlier whether it will be conducted for the year 2015? I appeal to the Chairman FPSC to solve the conundrum of screening on immediate basis because this is the question of the future of thousands of students. I hope that FPSC being the most transparent and credible institution of Pakistan will decide earlier and issue a proper notice about the screening test this year. It will have long term positive impacts on CSS aspirants.
Educator (BS-16)
Special Education Department.
Farhat123
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Re: Screening test conundrum......

Post by Farhat123 »

It is now the need of the hour that looking to the serious concern of the CSS aspirants regarding the screening test the Commission should decide earlier whether it will be conducted for the year 2015? I appeal to the Chairman FPSC to solve the conundrum of screening on immediate basis because this is the question of the future of thousands of students.
Farah
foji772
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Re: Screening test conundrum......

Post by foji772 »

Farhat123 wrote:It is now the need of the hour that looking to the serious concern of the CSS aspirants regarding the screening test the Commission should decide earlier whether it will be conducted for the year 2015? I appeal to the Chairman FPSC to solve the conundrum of screening on immediate basis because this is the question of the future of thousands of students.
my dear you have done a good job
Scientific Assistant at Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission
Nothing is impossible for a willing mind

Return to “NEWS & ARTICLES”